Tuesday 30 December 2008

NY Resolutions

And it's only the 30th! Well I got Raw Food Life Force Energy: Enter a Totally New Stratosphere of Weight Loss, Beauty, and Health by Natalia Rose for xmas and starting next Monday I'll be following the 21 day programme she outlines in it. Why? Well I really need to lose weight; and although I'm not unwell I'm looking to feel good all the time, despite working a rotating shift pattern, which mucks up my digestion and I'm sure exacerbates my migraines. What I like about this is that looks realistic for me. She recommends Green and Black's chocolate and goats cheese for goodness sake. It looks like a plan I can do and stick to, and 21 days is enough time for me know whether it is likely to work for me. And I'll tell you all about it.
I've really enjoyed reading about Erin Pavlina's 30 raw trial, and in her posts on it, the fact that she can do it because it's only for 30 days often comes up. Well what I'm doing is only for 21 days so surely even I should be able to do (right?). (I also enjoyed reading about Steve Pavlina's Juice feast but don't quite feel up to that yet!).

What else? To try a new recipe every week. To go running with my young man every time we both have a day off, to do half an hour of cardiovascular exercise every I'm off and on my own, and to do half an hour of yoga on the days I work normal (8 hour) shifts; I'm giving myself the days I have 12 1/2 hour shifts off (ho ho ho). To do my Msc dissertation. To professionally practice Reiki.

Wish me luck, I think I might need it.

How To Get Started With Raw Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment