Tuesday 16 December 2008

Cleaning out my closet

Hmm, I have some pics of my breadmaking efforts but have now managed to temporarily mislocate the cable thingy for the camera so that will have to wait for another time ... Have been having buckets of fun with it still though, particularly making seeded breads. I'm currently psyching myself up to attack a cake recipe in the breadmaker.

The worms are still alive, if not quite thriving in the cold wet weather. They eat human hair right? I gave Mr FatGirl a trim while tipsy at the weekend so that should keep the little ones fed for a little while anyway.

I've spent today spring cleaning my kitchen (yes, I realise its mid-winter but I can't rely on having the time or motivation come spring). Oldest date? October 2003, on a jar of cumin seeds. I actually turned out to have 3 jars of cumin seeds (one of which was in date!). This is why i decided to do this, when making some of the aforementioned seeded bread it came to my attention that I had 3 packs of pumpkin seeds, I'd been buying them thinking I had none and I had loads, just right at the back of the cupboard. I've been ruthless chucking out anything out of date even if its something like dried beans that I think shouldn't really have sell by dates anyway. The best thing is having been able to rearrange everything so I can actually see what I've go instead of blindly groping in the cupboards. Joy.

How To Get Started With Raw Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment