Monday 9 February 2009

Three Bean and Vegetable soup

I haven't written in ages, I know. No I haven't been snowed off the Internet just been nesting. No visited to the allotment as it's been to cold to go in the garden! Much to my surprise having written them off as dead my worms are thriving, just making their way though the waste slooowly. I've made some good soups, it's a winter thing I think. Made a lovely 3 bean one in the slow cooker and a butternut squash and sweet potato one which I definitely over gingered, it was H O T. My lovely mum made me some amazing butterfly cakes, which I will definitely do some of myself soon.

Three bean and Vegetable Soup

1/2 a cup each of mung, black and aduki beans
1 big carrot
2 celery sticks
125g (ish) mushrooms
1 pepper (any colour it's all good)
1 onion
2 l vegetable stock

  • Soak the beans in cold water overnight
  • Rinse thoroughly, pop in a saucepan and cover with cold water, bring to the boil and boil fiercely for 15 minutes
  • Rinse thoroughly and pop in the slow cooker
  • Chop all your veg, add to the slow cooker and add the stock. Cook on low for six to eight hours, until the beans are tender
  • Allow to cool a little, then blend
  • Bring the boil, season and serve

Serves four to six

Any combo of beans or veg I imagine word have a similar effect and a diced chili would spice it up up nicely. How much you blend depends on how chunky a soup you want. being the saddo that I am I took ages trying to blend the veg but leave most of the beans intact which looks cook but is a hell of a faff. For stock I cheated (as usual) and used marigold. I used their organic stock and it was amazing, am not sure if this is because it was organic or just much fresher than my old tub.

As soon is the ground is not quite so frozen my shallots will go in, I am really looking froward to graong these as they were such a success and so easy last year.


How To Get Started With Raw Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment