Tuesday 24 February 2009

Back to the land

After a good (weather induced) rest i got back down on the allotment today. The garlic I planted back in November looks to be doing well. I've planted the Garlic Lovers collection from The Garlic Farm and am quite excited. Last year being a newbie I planted my garlic in the spring instead of in the autumn, If you do this, you end up with just an eye wateringley enormous clove rather than a head. I've since learned its frost that make the garlic head up and we sure have had enough of that I think.

Today (a little later than planned) onion and shallot sets went in. Shallot sets are a ton of fun, you plant one and you just get loads and its definitely low maintenance. I hope it's as good this year. Also going on the ground were potatoes Maris Peer (second earlies) and Maris Piper (Main crop). Actual proper seed potatoes, not like last year when my beloved planted a bunch of Desiree that had chitted in our cupboard, although that did work much to my surprise.

Sprouts (Brussels), sweet corn and tomatoes I plan to all sow indoors this week, wish me luck :)



How To Get Started With Raw Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment