Friday 23 January 2009

mmm, corny

So first up I made a great sweetcorn soup last night and I thought I'd share the love with you all.

2 cobs of sweetcorn, stripped
1 300g tin sweetcorn
1 400g tin of creamed corn
1 red pepper, diced
1 red chili finely diced
4 spring onions, sliced
1 small red onion, diced
1 tbs dark soy sauce
1 tsp marigold swiss bullion powder
1 litre of water

Okay so put the corn no longer on the cob, the pepper and nice green bits of the spring onions in a bowl. Put everything else in a slow cooker, then add half the pepper / corn mix. Pop the slow cooker on high for 2 to 4 hours (I guess you can do this on the hob for 1 hour but you would probably need more liquid). Now blend (carefully, it's hot) the soup mix and put in a saucepan. Add the rest of the pepper/sweetcorn/spring onion mix, bring to the boil and serve in warmed bowls. Serves 4.

Also I used for the first time a cake mix in the bread machine. I used Wright's ginger cake mix. This for no effort made a surprisingly good, slightly sticky ginger cake . I do enjoy baking, but say if I was busy and had guests coming for tea, I would definitely think about throwing one of these in the machine to serve with a morning or afternoon tea.

How To Get Started With Raw Foods

No comments:

Post a Comment