Thursday 13 November 2008

Guacamole

Mmm, Guac. I decided to put this up here after discovering that several of my boyfriends colleagues genuinely thought that guacamole is made using mayonnaise. Mayonnaise. The mind boggles. Sorry for the crap photo but this glorious green dip, in all the many recipes I have seen, does not include mayo. Nope never. Ever. So here is my version of guacamole, which i utterly love:

  • 2 medium ripe Avocados
  • 2 limes juiced
  • 1 chili, finely chopped

Pop the avocado flesh, lime juice and chili in a blender. Blend. That's it! So simple. Most versions include chopped tomato but i never have tom's in my fridge so I don't put them in generally. You can vary the amount of chili to your satisfaction, sometimes if I just want something cooling to go with a hot, spicy dish i just leave it out entirely. My other tip is I find this easier to make with a stick blender rather than a jug blender, but that may just be my equipment.

Happy dipping!

Also how the hell do you get into a (old) brown coconut? I resorted to throwing mine from a first floor window onto concrete. Twice. worked but there has to be a better way, doesn't there? (I did have mucho fun, though)


No comments:

Post a Comment